CHUDLEIGH FILM SOCIETY
CHUDLEIGH FILM SOCIETY
of the Eighth Annual General Meeting of the Chudleigh Film Society
held in the Woodway Room, Chudleigh Town Hall, on Friday 30 September 2016
Chairman: Brian Portch
Vice Chairman: Paul Lovick
Treasurer: Maggie Groves
Secretary: Mandy Lovick
IT and PR: Bernard Groves
Liz Edwards, Ian and Leah Stirrat (Committee Members)
Carole Smart, Andrew Turnbull, Clare Frazer, Sue Portch
1. Apologies for absence: Tony Woodville, Ann and Peggy Bostock, Mike Treble, Bob Edwards
2. Minutes: These had been circulated to members and were approved and signed as correct.
3. Matters arising:None
4. Chairman’s Report: Brian opened the Meeting by telling us that we had 68 members last season which was our most successful ever. Since the start of the Society we have shown 74 films, watched by 3402, and he welcomed Carole Smart, our first Chairman, to the meeting. We have had eight out of ten films sponsored for both last season and this one, which helps to cover the £250 it costs to show a film.
The lending of DVDs is proving a success, and the Sugar Mill continues to provide delicious sweets for us to enjoy.
Brian is resigning as Chairman after three years; he thanked members, guests and the committee for their help and friendship. He also noted that Sue had been with the Society since it was first established and thanks were given to her.
Carole Smart proposed a vote of thanks to Brian for all his hard work
5. Treasurer’s Report: Maggie confirmed that these figures had been audited, and show that we are in a very positive position.
The figures are self-explanatory, but she is happy to answer any questions that might arise. None did.
6. Election of Officers: As Brian is standing down, Bernard Groves was nominated as chairman. Proposed by Andrew Turnbull, Seconded by Carole Smart
The Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer are happy to stand for another year as are Liz Edwards and Tony Woodville. Brian suggested that they all stand ‘en bloc’ and this was Proposed by Carole Smart, and Seconded by Andrew Turnbull.
Also welcomed to the Committee are Ian and Leah Stirrat.
At this point, Brian Portch stepped down, and Bernard Groves took over as Chair
7. AOB: Carole Smart thanked the Committee for keeping the Film Society going so successfully.
She also asked if it was going to be represented at the Neighbourhood Planning Committee which is currently ongoing; Bernard replied that he would try and attend future meetings.
8. Next AGM: This will be held at the second screening in 2017. This is so that members can rejoin the Society at our first film and so be eligible to attend. The date will be announced later.
There being no further business, the evening concluded with refreshments, and the showing of the feature film, “The Motor Cycle Diaries”.